Monday, March 03, 2014

Maybe it's time

I have always wanted to be a writer.

I am not the most articulate person nor am I one to be using fancy words that can amaze people.

But I do believe I have a story to tell. I think I can really create a good story that people might just one day think it to be interesting enough.

When I was in junior high school, I wrote this romantic novel (only half done cuz I was supposed to be studying for the high school entrance exam) and I hid it in my dad's work drawer.

After I left Taiwan, my dad found the manuscript and actually read it.

He thought it to be not bad.

My dad.

He read a romantic novel that was written by a junior high school girl.

So you can imagine my mortification.

But this somehow give me some encouragement that maybe I can write something that could be interesting.

AS LONG AS I FINISH IT.

I think that's my biggest problem.

Not finishing my story.

From now on, I should really work on a story first. Actually fninishing it. Otherwise, I will just be going on a loop all the time. Not really finishing means the novel will never be complete.

Perhaps start with a lesson. Like a creative writing lesson.

Just to get warmed up.

No comments: