Monday, May 21, 2012

Annular Solar Eclipse

In Japanese, it's called 金環日食 and people have been making a big fuss over it. The special kind of glasses used to watch the eclipse got hiked up the prices and some of them are simply outrageously expensive, considering they are all made of paper and some black film!

Anyway, Masahiro and I went to bed early last night and got up around 6:50AM this morning to see the eclipse by our house. At first we were just watching it on TV but then as it got closer and closer (the peak time in Tokyo is 7:35AM), we just ran out with our glasses.

It was interesting and we actually got to see the eclipse really clearly with our glasses! I also tried to take photos with my iPhone, through the glasses. It's not too bad!

I'm so glad that I got to witness this once in a life time experience with my hubby!


Here's me trying on the glasses the night before!

 It was cloudy and overcast in Tokyo but we could see the ring through the clouds! Too bad it doesn't show on the photo...

This is the photo I took with the iPhone lens through the glasses... Hmmm not bad, eh?!

No comments: