Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I finally remembered that I still have a blogger account and I should probably write down what's been going on here in Japan... Anyways... here's my new entry since... uh... last year :p

Hmmm Just realized that Blog has become a huge thing in Japan now. It wasn't that popular when I started this blog, but then now it's a huge thing. There was this really famous one called "Densha Otoko" which is a blog with people writing entries to do like a story-telling relay. The story started with this guy who's the "Otaku"-- which is a name for the geeks in Japan... One day when he was riding on the train (in Japanese--"densha," hence densha otoko), he fell in love with this girl he saw. So basically the story goes on about how he was able to find true love, being a geek he is. Anyways, the blog became so popular that they even published the whole thing into a book, unedited and unabridged. They are now even going to film it into a Japanese drama. hmmm expectation rises...

Now just really bored out of my mind as I'm typing away in the office. It's April, just after the personnel overhaul. My kakari-cho (section chief) and supervisor are both moved to different sections; and the worst part is that my "super" supervisor is moved outside of the city hall... (oh btw, some update... Now working in Japan. at Kanoya City Hall as Co-ordinator of International Relations in Kagoshima Prefecture. I've been here since last August) So Higashikura-san is now out and about, and it's hard to go and ask him just any random question like before cuz then I'd have to either call or mail him on his keitai... because he doesn't sit next to me anymore. It's really weird that they change the people around the offices just so they can all get work experiences in different areas. If they are really good at what they do, why move them though? I guess there's nothing I can do about it anyways. The new supervisor seems pretty cool, but he's new and I actually have to teach him some things... It's definitely a weird feeling.

These days I have been taking a break from all the traveling frenzy last month. I spent too much money in February and March on traveling. Although it was all good times, I really gotta start saving some funds for going back to Taiwan in August. Well, we'll see how it goes. I'm planning on going to Fukuoka and Nagasaki in the Golden Week though... I just really have to get outta here once in awhile, otherwise I would go insane. (Like now... arrrgh...)

No comments: