Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Went to Hospital

Gee, I will definitely remember that most of the hospitals in town close or have wednesday afternoon off... Took the afternoon off and left around 2:30pm I went to the big Osumi Kanoya Hospital and got told that they will start seeing patients from 5pm. I decided to take taxi (one of the taxi company was just around the corner) to this other clinic that Minocchi suggested... the taxi driver informed me that it's close on Wed...

Just when I thought maybe I could go home and sleep this off, the taxi driver asked me if I want to go see if this other small clinic is open.. and it was! yay! The clinic is kinda small but really like a family doctor kinda clinic so no long waiting time. The receptionist was sooo nice! She came out to the waiting room sofa and sat with me. She asked me about my symptoms and wrote them down on the sheet... Thank goodness... I was so tired, and really hate writing down symptoms when in big hospitals...

The doctor was really nice and kinda funny... he kept trying to speak English to me, when I was speaking Japanese to him.. I think he probably wanted to practice his English.. heh, but then I commented that he can speak a little English and maybe I can recommend other ALTs to his place, he then said that he is not that good but the Takao Sensei who's there on Tuesday and Friday afternoon is very good. Takao Sensei can even speak French, apparently! wow....

Well, I got about 4 different kinds of meds and went home to count my meds... so many kinds and all have to be taken differently, time before food (I was told 30 min before food... duh, as if I'll be able to eat exactly 30 min after taking the med...); after food; only after breakfast and supper... geez..

Hmmm... we'll see how it goes...

No comments: