Thursday, June 12, 2003

Today, I rediscovered the importance of 100 yen Shop.

It's unbelievable what you can get in 100 yen shop... Since everything is 100 yen, sometimes you see somethings that you really, REALLY, don't need in your house, but then... somehow you would just put them in your baskets unconsciously. But, the good thing is, you can put 10 things in there and it'd still only cost you 1050 yen... Isn't it just wonderful?

We exchange students in Japan can't help but shop at 100 yen shops... perfect for us who are not staying here for that long. I can say that almost everyone of them own more than 50 items bought from 100 yen shops. hmmm I probably have 100...??

Bought a stereo earphone for 100 yen so I can go jogging with my MD Player. It was awesome~ not the stereo earphone was awesome (it's only 100 yen..., can't really expect it'd have nice bass sound :p), I meant the jogging with my MD Player part.

I feel that it's easier to jog with music... especially with Kubota Toshinobu's R&B music~ The messenger's rhyme! hee hee

OOh, yeah, and ever since Sunday evening the TV program "Aru Aru Daijiten" introduced how garlic can help making your skin nice and make you smarter (or rather not forget things easily), everybody around is eating garlic... including me... because Rin rin told me that Mochitsuki sell garlics in hug packs, and it's only 200 yen for one pack... you can't just miss a great deal like that... so...right now, everyday, garlic...

I made garlic toast for myself tonight. It was quite tasty, but honestly... I can really do it without the whole garlic taste in my mouth after I've brushed my teeth twice. ~*_*~ Ah... I guess there's always a setback for everything good, right?

hmm in today's Japanese class, Nakazato sensei handed us this textbook for Japanese grade 6 history class. (The class that all students feel sleepy at... it's not because the class was particularly boring or anything, it's just for half year, we were conditioned that when it comes to wednesday afternoon and we have to go to Nakazato sensei's class, our brain just release the sleeping cells and we can't help it but fall asleep... hmm the rule of conditioning, eh?)It has all pictures, illustrations, etc. I was flipping pages and there was this one part that said that when Japanese people had their first railroad, all the people around the neighbourhood considered it a HUGE event (well, it would be :p) and then they'd line up the night before they started using the railroad to see the train passing by. They'd even bring o-bentou just so they wouldn't lose their good seats~ hee hee so cute~ Oh yeah, and the introduction of western food culture to Japan... See, Japanese change western stuff and make them Japanese style or minimize them... The Western Food (Youshoku) in Japan is nothing you'd find in Europe or America. Like Omurice (Omelette with fried rice inside), and Hayashi Rice... It's pretty interesting...

Oh yeah, and today I was asking the prof a seemingly very easy question... I was just wondering, so when Showa Tennou passed away and Showa period was over, say the date was June 11. And, then the next day would be the Heisei 1st year, right? But then would the date remain June 12 but Heisei 1st year; OR, would it be January 1st Heisei 1st year?? hmmm I don't really get it... i suppose it'd be the first case, right? Otherwise how would they follow the other countries' calendar??

Teachers are not perfect...

No comments: