Sunday, June 08, 2003

Went to see "The Matrix Reloaded" with the gang last night. It was actually better than I thought it would be. I didn't go in with alot expectation but to see some quite good fighting sequences. But, the movie turned out to be quite nice. The movie is about..hmmm 80% fighting, and 20% plot. Honestly, I really don't understand the whole "matrix" thing that well. But throughout the film, it keeps ppl interested but somehow confused as to find out what exactly is going on here.

I remember once that I met this one matrix freak guy (note: he was also an anime freak, so that will somehow explain the following...), and he started on talking about how "The Matrix" is just like the bible, beginning and the end of human kind, blah blah blah... The conversation lasted about half an hour, and I zoned out for 10 minutes in my inner happy land...(with a fake smile on my face). I nodded and "ooh, aah"-ed my way out of the whole thing.

2 years later, I took the Japanese contemporary literature class and we had to watch the Evangelion anime for class... Then, I kind of realized that maybe that matrix/anime freak guy got the whole biblical reference in "The Matrix" because of Evangelion which was OVER-INTERPRETED...by tons and tons of anime otaku. hmmm guess we"ll never know cuz I don't even remember what matrix/anime freak looks like now.. :p

Anyway, today is a pretty nice day in Shizuoka here. Sunshine and some breeze through the window. Checked the weather forecast last night, saying that from next week, the raining season will officially arrive in Shizuoka... RAINing every single day... ~*__*~ ooooh, maybe I can catch up on my readings of Harry Potter... hee hee~ gotta make the best out of it, eh?

As some of ppl know, I love hockey, and I read sports news just like every other hockey fanatics. These days, I have to say that I'm really confused... How can it be?! Anaheim Mighty Ducks is in the Stanley Cup Final with the New Jersey Devils???!!! All the big franchise teams fell out so early in the championship--Avalanche, Leafs...and the very sad 1st round elimination of last year's champion Detroit Red Wings. Oh well...it might be nice for the ducks to win the cup just because they've made it this far...hmmm just maybe if Brodeur allows them. hee hee

No comments: