Friday, July 08, 2005

Oh my goodness, it's July already?!

I can't believe it, we're officially in July! Wow... how the time flies... So anyways, after the wedding banquet I attended about... let's see... 2 weeks ago, finally I remember to write what has been going on so people back home can read it... oh well, Debby reads Japanese and she can go ahead and read my japanese blog.. it's good practice for her Japanese reading! (sorry sorry... no more excuses...)

Anyways, last week I felt like I didn't really work at all since there was only the eikaiwa on Tuesday night and then Wako daycare visit on Thursday,... the rest of the week was spent on making my CIR HP for Kanoya/Osumi JETs (which is still incomplete...) Then on Wednesday, I went to Kag city to treat myself for a movie day~ Wednesday is ladies' day for movies in Japan, and since I finally get to have a weds off...

I went to Amu Plaza and saw "Batman Begins" and I gotta say this... I was VERY pleasantly surprised! Christian Bale is a great Batman and I found that the story is alot darker, but more dramatic, rather than the cool gadgets (although the gadgets in this movie are pretty cool as well :p) The Ra's Al Goul subplot has a twist and I didn't expect it (some might say I am slow in that way... just like I didn't get "the Six Sense" until my friend finally told me as we were walking out of the theatre...). All in all, I am now hooked on Batman... been reading wikipedia articles about the movie, batman series, characters, and whatever I could find on that site. hee hee

Then on Saturday, I went to Kag city "again" to see "Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith" with Maruchan... hee hee on the way to Sak ferry port, we spent an hour talking about SW, tale of Genji, japanese lit... ah~ felt so nice to talk to someone about these tops and that someone really knows about the subject to actually be interested (instead of nodding and smiling... then change the subject...).

ROTS was actually better than I expected too... although I had already read some positive reviews on imdb, and I trust the imdb like it's the movie bible... I wasn't really thinking that I would be disappointed anyways.

However, once again, Hayden Christensen was still delivering his lines in monotone, and Ewan McGregor seemed like he wasn't really acting at all until the last moment of Anakin Skywalker (by that I meant before he turned to Darth Vader). Don't even get me started on Natalie Portman... This is an actress who has such potential (see "The Professional"), but her character is just so... boring... when she can be so many things, other than just a fashion model to showcase the wonderful wardrobe that the costume peole designed for her.

The story itself can also be this great sci-fi story as well if it's not for the lack of character development... ah... Lucas, maybe you spent a little too much time on the CG and forgot about the plot, eh?

Anyhoo, the CG is definitely something that can wow anyone from a kid to an adult. The cinematography is stunning and soundtrack is quite nicely updated from the original trilogy, and the CG Yoda... wow! Yoda is just too cool! I like Yoda in the original trilogy already, and I had some doubts about the CG Yoda, but I gotta tell ya, it's quite awesome~

After movie, I went to the beer garden on rooftop of Mitsukoshi Department Store for the AJET Leavers' Party. Got to see a few of the leaving JETs before they head home. ah... Betty is probably in Taiwan by now... She told me that she was gonna be taking the rest of her working days with her nenkyu and daikyu and then just go to Taiwan early to see her boyfriend... ah, how I envy her.

Then on Sunday the 3rd, I went to Koyama Waterfall with Heather, Nanette, and Joe. It was just a cool place to hang out and the water slide was definitely really fun! (although I only tried once, cuz it also looked a bit scary :p) I took some really great pictures and videos... I'll try to post the phots in the blog...

This week (July 4th-8) is basically a school visit week... Tuesday: Oaira-sho, Weds: Kanoya-sho, and Thurs: Haraigawa-sho.

Oaira-sho is probably my fave school to visit and the kids are just awesome. And apparently there is romance in the air, as Hiromu-kun and Riho-chan are an item, and Riri-chan can't decide whom to pic, Genki-kun or Yuto-kun. hee hee

Kanoya-sho, on the other hand, has the most out of controlled kids I've ever seen... I don't know why but there are just so many that tend to fight with each other and just won't shut up. The English teacher there, ah... I feel so sorry for her... there's always alot of yelling whenever a class is in session.

Haraigawa-sho is really quiet... cuz the students tend to be a little shy when it comes to English. But this time I went to teach 1 to 3 grade students, and they absolutely love the Hokey Pokey song and also the Simon Says (or I should say, "Sandy Says") game.

Since Thurs was also the Tanabata (July 7th, the Chinese Valentine's Day) Day, we had to gather around in the school gym and then listen to the picture book reading of tanabata story, have the tanabata kazari (decoration) contest, and then scavenger hunt for the tanbata keywords. Then after that we had Tanabata cake (which was more like a frozen pudding with cream and star-shaped jello on top) for kyushoku... hee hee it was DELICIOUS~~

Anyways... that brings me to today... friday, the most looked-forward-to day of the week. However, this Sunday, I'll be teaching a cooking class to introduce some easy Taiwanese cuisines, and let people ask me questions about why a Canadian CIR is introducing Taiwanese food...

whew~ that's alot of updates, and I'm sorry if people have already given up reading... oops, sorry. alright,I'll write more after the cooking class...

No comments: